This is a Blended Learning course that requires students to complete an online portion, pre-course skills session, and classroom segments.
This course provides entry-level lifeguard participants with the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide professional-level care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until emergency medical services (EMS) personnel take over.
Upon registering for this class, you will receive a receipt that includes the link to the required online course material. For full course details and prerequisites, please carefully review the fact sheet below.
- Upon registering for this class, you will receive a receipt that includes the link to the required online course material.
- The online portion must be completed prior to attending the in-class portion.
- Allow about 7 hours to complete the online portion.
- Please bring a copy of the completion record or a copy of the email confirmation received upon completion of the online portion to the in-class session.
- Upon successful completion of the full course, skills test, and written exam, you will receive an American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED certification valid for 2 years.