Sudden cardiac arrest can happen to anyone, at any time. With Red Cross AED and CPR training, you can learn when – and how – to use an automated external defibrillator (AED). Our CPR/AED courses are developed and taught by experts – and deliver simple-to-use techniques and information that can help you save a life. Although this course can be offered as a stand-alone course, it is currently taught as part of the Adult and Pediatric CPR/AEA and Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED courses. For groups who wish to take AED only, please contact us.
What You Will Learn
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Define defibrillation and explain how defibrillation works to restore an effective heart rhythm
- Understand the value of using an AED along with CPR
- Know how to use an AED in various special situations
- Identify precautions to take when using an AED
- Demonstrate how to use an AED
Thank You for Your Interest!
Please fill out the form, and we will contact you to schedule your class when we have enough participants.