This course teaches participants how bloodborne pathogens are spread, how to avoid exposure and what to do if exposed to infectious material. This course helps to meet requirements of the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard. After taking this course, participants should talk with their employer about their workplace’s specific policies and procedures.
What You Will Learn
Designed to help non-medical professionals provide assistance in times of crisis, our courses allow you to gain an understanding of first aid best practices for a wide range of conditions, including:
- Define bloodborne pathogens
- Identify the bloodborne pathogens of primary concern
- List the ways bloodborne pathogens can enter a person’s body
- Describe the importance of personal protective equipment (PPE) and hand washing in reducing the risk of bloodborne pathogens transmission
- Identify work practices that help eliminate or reduce the risk of exposure. Learn how to remove disposable gloves properly
- List procedures to follow if exposure occurs
Thank You for Your Interest!
Please fill out the form, and we will contact you to schedule your class when we have enough participants.