American Red Cross Training Services instructors are an elite group of professionals who teach valuable lifesaving skills to an average of more than 9 million people each year in businesses, schools and communities. Being a Red Cross Health and Safety instructor is a fulfilling and rewarding experience. If you’d like to learn more about our instructor training courses, or if you’re ready to get started, contact us today.
The purpose of this instructor course is to train instructor candidates to teach the American Red Cross basic-level First Aid, CPR and AED courses.
To participate in the First Aid/CPR/AED instructor course, instructor candidates must:
- Be at least 16 years of age on the last day of the instructor course
- Possess current American Red Cross Adult CPR/AED certification or the equivalent or higher level
- Have successfully completed the online Introduction to the First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Course
- Have successfully completed the in-person pre-course skills session
- Have obtained all materials needed for both the instructor and participants before entering the first session of the instructor course
At the conclusion of the First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor course, instructor candidates should be thoroughly familiar with the program materials and should be able to:
- Exhibit the characteristics required of an American Red Cross representative and role model
- Conduct courses in a manner that helps participants to stay engaged in the learning process.
- Perform applicable first aid, CPR and AED skills at an appropriate skill level
- Ensure participants’ health and safety during training
- Maintain complete and accurate records and reports
- Plan, organize and conduct the first aid, CPR and AED courses in accordance with the requirements of the specific class they will be teaching
- Monitor participants’ practice and provide corrective feedback and encouragement that is consistent with the skill chart and skill assessment tool
- Recognize that the requirements in the skill assessment tool are criteria for ascertaining the proficiency of a participant’s performance
- Choose the appropriate course and materials to meet the specific training needs of participants or groups
Thank You for Your Interest!
Please fill out the form, and we will contact you to schedule your class when we have enough participants.